Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Chris. New to the site, but been a member on g6performance for a few months. Look forward to learning everything possible about the G6. I haven't had the best luck with this car so far, but it looks good. Oh by the way I have a 2007 G6 GT convertible with the LZ9. Had it for a little over 2 months and already replaced front pads/rotors, rear main seal, and still needs a wheel bearing replaced. Car has right at 130,000. I bought extended warranty with car which payed for rear main. Hopefully things get better with it, but things have definitely not been good with this car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome! Your car has 130k miles, so maintenance was probably needed soon anyways

·
Registered
343 Posts
My '07 G6 convertible has been pretty good to date. From what I see they are every bit as reliable as other mainstream cars. Mine is more like 97k and I am just going through the 100k replacement checklist. Plugs, Trans fluid etc. Mine is stock apart from the lights which are now replaced with black Eagle Eyes. Had been looking at them for a while when I had a rather large argument with a medium sized deer. Front light busted - decision made :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. I hit a very large deer in my Mazda 6 which brought me to this car. I loved my Mazda and had a lot done to it. Dang deer! It's just been something constantly from first picking this car up. It's more of a coupe since the top doesn't actually go down...but I bought car knowing that. I got good deal since top needed repair, but with other problems it turned to a bad deal. Only things I've done to it is replace lights with LEDs in interior and the zxe headlights. If I can get everything fixed then I'm going to do full overhaul of sound system. My 18" moteig dp5s won't fit (5x114) so need to sell those plus I kinda like the stock 18s. Anyone had to fix clunking in front end? Maybe end links? Not sure .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot I had my windows tinted too. 35% on driver and passenger windows and 20% on back and little windows. Suggestions on the clunking and anyone who has done nice system in convertible would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Clunking in the front is commonly end links, might be time to get some upgraded ones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts