Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Hi new owner of 2010 G6 GT

826 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GianaG6 
#1 ·
I absolutely love this car I am just having a few issues.
1. Doors do not unlock/lock and remote start doesn’t work with remote but the alarm works.

2. A/C works sometimes the compressor works for a few weeks then stops working.

3. Driver side headlight works only if you knock on it.

4. Driver side seat slides toward as if it is loose when slowing down at a light.

Any recommendations?
By the way the compressor was replaced three times on the same day. Could it be possibly an electrical issue?

#2 ·
1) the most common problem that I am aware of is the rubber button pad wears and loses conductivity - so when you press, nothing happens. You can find replacements on amazon or ebay. The transmitter part does not change so no need to have it re-coded to the car

2) Yes it could be electrical. The compressor clutch will only engage when power is applied. There could be wiring issues. There is refrigerant pressure switch that would likely prevent the compressor engaging if faulty or intermittent. I seem to recall the yellow AC on light in the car flashing a few times and going off if the system is sensing a problem.

3) possibly a wiring issue or the bulb is on it's way out

4) no experience with that one - sorry. If it is an electric seat you would likely notice if the motor was engaging, so I would be guessing worn mechanical s like the worm gear slipping or broken. Total guess on my part

Hope you get it all sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.