Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55W 6K kit on my car, that I ordered for my G6 about 2 years ago. Never had any issued until yesterday. After work I drove out of the parking garage, and I noticed that the driver side bulb starting turning a light purple/pink and it dimmed down a bit. So i pulled over and i noticed the the bulb was only half lit and my passenger side bulb was fully lit. Does this mean the bulb is going out or the ballast??? I have no problem ordering a new kit, just would like the input for future reference :p

Got my kit from DDMTuning :cool: best kits i've ever had on all of my cars.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I would say the bulbs are going. You should get some higher quality bulbs, such as Morimoto, Philips, or OSRAM.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Do Phillips and Osram even make HID bulbs other than D1S, D2S or D2R? Given that he's using DDM, I doubt he's retrofitted, so the only option for better bulbs is really Morimoto.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Do Phillips and Osram even make HID bulbs other than D1S, D2S or D2R? Given that he's using DDM, I doubt he's retrofitted, so the only option for better bulbs is really Morimoto.

I would think they do, but OP might want to double check that since Philips and OSRAM are primarily OEM equipment manufacturers. Morimoto or TeXenon bulbs would probably be the best way to go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this is a topic that has been brought up before, but what are some good halogen bulbs similar to an HID kit? I know an HID kit will give more lighting output than any regular halogen bulb....but are their any good halogen bulbs with good lighting?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I know this is a topic that has been brought up before, but what are some good halogen bulbs similar to an HID kit? I know an HID kit will give more lighting output than any regular halogen bulb....but are their any good halogen bulbs with good lighting?

Check out the Sylvania zXe line of halogen bulbs. I used them in both my stockers and Eagle Eyes and they worked leaps and bounds better than the regular run of the mill halogen bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts