Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to install an H10 35W Hid kit and I can't get the bulbs to come on. I started with the passenger side, and at first, the bulb worked fine. So I put that side back together and started on the driver side. Once I hooked up all of the wires, it wouldn't come on. Also, the passenger side no longer was working. The stock bulbs still work fine, just not the HIDs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really confused as to why it worked, then didn't so quickly. I don't know if it matters, but I have 35W H7 bulbs installed in my Eagle Eyes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you use a relay or relay harness when installing them? The foglight wires might not be thick enough to provide enough voltage to ignite the bulbs, if you use a relay it should solve this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Seeing as you have the 35w kit I would assume the stock wiring should be able to handle it...

Check the plug that you connect to the ballast. It can be plugged in both ways, just unplug it and rotate the plug and plug back in, 9 times out of 10 this is why my HIDs didn't work right away

Do they even try to flicker on at all? Or is it simply NOTHING happening? if it's Nothing at all then that seems like a likely problem.

Also it's possible a pin got bent in the plug and simply isn't connecting. Worth checking out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that the 1 ballast is bad. The other ballast works with both bulbs, on both sides of the car. Now, since I heard that DDM is kind of iffy with it's customer support, is there any other way I can buy another ballast? I looked up some, but I'm not sure if they are interchangeable or not. Does anyone know if another ballast, not from DDM, would work with the DDM bulbs?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've worked with a few different hid kits on different cars. The way the bulb connects to the car is what changes. And the way the ballast gets power. I'm fairly certain you can use another ballast not from ddm. I know ddm sells replacement ballasts. Why not send a message to them inquiring about a blown ballast. Maybe they'll help u out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts