Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for anybody out there with HIDs on there g6. I would like to know how much glare your car produces. I have seen many drop in kits on NON projector headlamps on cars with huge glare and some just look like it came with the car (ex: my friends 01 nissan maxima). He's car came with stock halogen lights, drops in a hid kit on his stock lamps and has a clear cut off line like this (__/--/--) with LITTLE glare up top. I don't know if it has anything to do with some of the nissan maxima coming with optional hids. So just wanna know how much glare g6 produces. Wall shot will be nice from 25-50 ft away =o)

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
here is a pic of me on the road with my hids on but not a wall shot it might help.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
no there is not and they do alot of good at night time and thats through my window tint also so they help out alot cause i got my windshield tinted :) but not alot of glare but i only get my hid kits from one person xlsperformance.com send them an email with your email and they will send you an invoice you can pay with paypal only $109 shipping included. sent to your house in bout 7-10 business days there never late. \dont just buy request or you will pay more. you will find this option under contact us on there website other than that let me know if you need anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no there is not and they do alot of good at night time and thats through my window tint also so they help out alot cause i got my windshield tinted :) but not alot of glare but i only get my hid kits from one person xlsperformance.com send them an email with your email and they will send you an invoice you can pay with paypal only $109 shipping included. sent to your house in bout 7-10 business days there never late. \dont just buy request or you will pay more. you will find this option under contact us on there website other than that let me know if you need anything.
also, do you get flashed by a lot of oncoming drivers? is it possible you could get a wall shot for me? I would appreciate it! Or video of you driving? I would like to see before I end up buying it. This would help me a lot!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
with any camera that you take it on the wall shot will give you a line but if your taking a video it will look like its all over the place which most of the time the farther you are the more the scattered the light i have a youtube video of my lights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYi2dfPZUI check it out it will show you if you aim your lights down you should have no problem this video is taken on a friends camera phone so not the best quality and depending on where you live you might get high beamed i have only got high beamed twice since i have had my hids in but at the same time more and more of my friends started getting them put in i can promise you i was the first in my city to have them put in before everyone asked me to get them a set.

and while your on youtube you can check out some of my other mods that i have done to my car im my more from user videos i think you might find them "cool" :)

·
G6 Lover
2 Posts
Did you have to use their (xlsperformance's) relay when you installed your HID's? Or did you just do direct plug and play? I'm very interested in ordering some for my car and am kinda stumped about the harness... Thanks in advance

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
no you dont have to use the relay harness. Only chrysler dodge and some other select models but not pontiac. :) dont cha just love the G6 :) check out my photos in members rides crazy j is mine!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.