Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking around for HID kits for my 08 and i came across this site. Click

I was wondering if anyone has used this site and are these good prices for the kits. I was going to go with the 6000K bulbs, that should be good but would it be worth buying highs too or would the halogens i have now for the highs be good enough?

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anything? i cant stand the stock halogens anymore, i drove mostly at night and cant see a dam thing.

·
Live Free or Die
13 Posts
I have 6000K HID's in my low beams. As far as using them for the high beams, that would be up to you. I know they take about 20 seconds or so to reach their full brightness. In my opinion, I would skip the highs only because how long are your brights actually on before you need to turn them off again? I am sure after they have been on for a while, they would be bright right away, but I am just thinking about the first initial turn on that it would be a few seconds before they would be bright enough. Use your best judgment as I am only basing it on my experience with just my low beams :)

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 6000K HID's in my low beams. As far as using them for the high beams, that would be up to you. I know they take about 20 seconds or so to reach their full brightness. In my opinion, I would skip the highs only because how long are your brights actually on before you need to turn them off again? I am sure after they have been on for a while, they would be bright right away, but I am just thinking about the first initial turn on that it would be a few seconds before they would be bright enough. Use your best judgment as I am only basing it on my experience with just my low beams :)
Sounds logical, where did you buy your HIDs?

·
Live Free or Die
13 Posts
I bought mine on eBay for about $80 two years ago. The only issue I have with mine is that when it gets closer to winter the passenger side HID does not want to come on all the time. I have to manually turn the lights on and off a few times before the light will stay on. I am not sure if this is common for all HID kits for the G6, I just think that my kit was a cheapo and thus causes the passenger light to not come on right away. Though, some days I get lucky and it comes on right away.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok sweet, thanks for the input. sounds like something to get

1 - 10 of 10 Posts