Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I ordered some 8000k HID's from DDM Tuning so they should be coming in pretty soon. I was wondering if anyone had some step by step instructions for installing them. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You'll have to pull your headlights out. There is a how-to floating around here that I used. Then like waterfowler said, its all plug and play with the exception of drilling a hole in the dust cap. You'll need at least a 1/2 inch drill bit (which will be still too small) and work the hole open to get all the plugs through. It's not hard as I've done it at least a dozen times now, but take your time. If you make the hole too big, the hole gasket that's integrated into the wires will not be effective. Then mount the ballasts on the core support below the light, you can used foam tape, zip ties or if you want to get nasty, screw it down.

Then reverse the how-to to get the lights back in, adjust the beams for desired height and you're set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long does ddm tuning usually take to ship? I ordered the lights last tuesday and still haven't got an email saying they shipped and when I check the status on their website it says "pending fulfillment."

·
Registered
190 Posts
How long does ddm tuning usually take to ship? I ordered the lights last tuesday and still haven't got an email saying they shipped and when I check the status on their website it says "pending fulfillment."
A week or so. They'll actually ship them straight from china to you. There will not be any directions. Just boxes with the bulbs and wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts