Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I am getting an HID set for my g6 its a 2009 gt and its the dark red/burgundy color. I was wondering which color HIDs should i get? I was thinking in the 5000k - 6000k range...I know at 6000k it has a blueish tint which I kinda like but IDK if that would look good on a red car.....If anyone has a burgundy g6 with HIDs please share your experiences. Thanks

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Hi so I am getting an HID set for my g6 its a 2009 gt and its the dark red/burgundy color. I was wondering which color HIDs should i get? I was thinking in the 5000k - 6000k range...I know at 6000k it has a blueish tint which I kinda like but IDK if that would look good on a red car.....If anyone has a burgundy g6 with HIDs please share your experiences. Thanks
You are right about it not matching with the 6000k+ color. Get 5000k. You won't regret it.

6000k should be used for blue tinted cars, and rarely white or black cars.

8000k just looks stupid in my opinion and only looks decent with a vivid blue car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Who really sees the color of your car anyway at night in on coming traffic. The lights are so bright thats all they see. I like my 6000k. I get a lot of compliments. I have the performance red color g6.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Who really sees the color of your car anyway at night in on coming traffic. The lights are so bright thats all they see. I like my 6000k. I get a lot of compliments. I have the performance red color g6.
The car does have DTRL. Also, in the city it can be easily bright enough to see the color of a car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The car does have DTRL. Also, in the city it can be easily bright enough to see the color of a car.
Yeah thats true. I did not think you could use the DTRL with the HIDs thats why I took out the fuse but I guess you can. I might put mine back in then. Well I like the 6000k but thats just my opinon. I dont really think the blue tint is bad at all.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yeah thats true. I did not think you could use the DTRL with the HIDs thats why I took out the fuse but I guess you can. I might put mine back in then. Well I like the 6000k but thats just my opinon. I dont really think the blue tint is bad at all.
DTRL work fine with my DDM Tuning HID's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.