Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions for anyone who has installed these headlights:

1. How do you fit the HID bulb into the low beam housing? It doesn't seem like it's an easy thing to do. The metal clips holding the H1 bulb don't seem like it's going to work with the HID kit

2. How the heck do you adjust the beam on these things once they're installed? The adjustment screws are on the bottom of the headlight housing, making it impossible to get to them to adjust! (or so it seems to me).

Any and all help, opinions, comments, etc are VERY much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
As long as you get the right bulb size the clip just holds the bulb in like a normal bulb, its pretty easy.

For adjusting them its a pain, i kept taking them out and adjusting them but since they are at the bottom you might be able to adjust them if you take off the bumper; its probably easier just to keep pulling them out though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you get the right bulb size the clip just holds the bulb in like a normal bulb, its pretty easy.

For adjusting them its a pain, i kept taking them out and adjusting them but since they are at the bottom you might be able to adjust them if you take off the bumper; its probably easier just to keep pulling them out though.
Yeah, I have the right size bulb. I think it's a QA thing. I had to dremel out the opening a little bit to get the HID bulb to fit.

As far as adjusting them; GOOD LORD! I can't believe I have to remove the bumper to get to the adjustment knobs!! I don't like the idea of taking them out and putting them back in 100 times until I get it right either... What a crappy design!!!

Wish I had known before I spent $300 on these :mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I have the right size bulb. I think it's a QA thing. I had to dremel out the opening a little bit to get the HID bulb to fit.

As far as adjusting them; GOOD LORD! I can't believe I have to remove the bumper to get to the adjustment knobs!! I don't like the idea of taking them out and putting them back in 100 times until I get it right either... What a crappy design!!!

Wish I had known before I spent $300 on these :mad:
Dont quote me on that bumper thing though, unless you are taking off the bumper off anyway for something else.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished my install on these.

A few thoughts:

1. If you don't have some mechanical and electrical ability, don't attempt.
2. The Spyder/Sonar brand seems cheaply made to. Not a perfect fit.
3. The high beam halo on both sides are non-functional about 99% of the time.
4. The low beam halos work fine
5. The HID install requires modification of the bulb housing. I used a dremel and in the process voided my warranty :D
6. If I had to buy these again, I wouldn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts