Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought HID headlights a while back and they worked for a bit. Then out of nowhere the passenger side headlight (HID) would not come on when I started my car. I would have to flick the lights on and off numerous times for it to MAYBE come on. Once in a while they would both come on, but hardly. Either way, I figured I may need a relay kit. I tested the lights out again with the relay kit hooked to it and they both went on. So I went through the installation process, and when I turned them on, the passenger side won't work again. Has anyone else had this issue, or heard anything about it? I really like these lights, but have no idea how to fix them :(

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Fault ballast or bulb too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's grounded properly. I was wondering if it was the ballast as well.. but I wasn't sure since it comes on sometimes? And it went on when I tested them, but wouldn't go on once I installed them. Any idea on how I can check the ballast and see if it is the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
just swap the ballasts??

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Swap the bulbs and ballasts to test them.

·
<3'n my G6 GT!
12 Posts
Oh ok- my husband had an issue somewhat like that with his ballast and swore it wasn't the ground but it turned out it was.... Thats why I asked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll check the ground again and make sure, I just really don't think thats the problem. I'll try swapping out the ballasts as well. I hope something works haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts