Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to put some pink low beams and white high beams in my girlfriends 2009 g6. yes i know pink can be illegal, and yes i know all about hid kits as my truck has hid all around. so with that understanding, does the DRL's effect the kits? and besides being hard on the ballast, can you still keep the DRL's? i'm new to g6s and DRL's so any info is appreciated. i'm looking to do 35W 12K for low, and 35W 6K for the highs. i was skeptic doing the highs hid's because of the warm up time but i noticed the lows stay on with the highs so it wouldn't be complete darkness when you hit the highs. just give me some info here! haha

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm no expert with HID's but here goes
Yes, DRL's do affect the HID's, by only providing half the power required, it can reduce the life of the lights.
I believe that by using a relay harness, the DRL issue is fixed. People have also removed the DRL fuse, which also fixes the the half-power issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no expert with HID's but here goes
Yes, DRL's do affect the HID's, by only providing half the power required, it can reduce the life of the lights.
I believe that by using a relay harness, the DRL issue is fixed. People have also removed the DRL fuse, which also fixes the the half-power issue.
no need for experts, just looking for knowledge. lol is the location of the drl fuse in the manual? also, by pulling the drl fuse will automatic lights still work? and does pulling the fuse cause warning lights? i want to do this for her, just cant decide if its worth it or not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.