Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So I plan on installing HIDs in my red 2009 gt....I have decided to go with 5000k because it is pure white. My questions are, I want to replace all of my lights hi low and fogs....I know I would get the low and fogs in 35 watt but should I get the hi's in 55 to make em brighter? also the bulb sizes are h11 for lows and fogs and h9 for highs right? One final thing when u install the bulb u have to aim them right? they jus dont pop in thats it? If you do have to aim them is there a method or standard to go by? any tips would be appreciated thanks oh and I am planning on getting this kit from ddm http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

·
Registered
911 Posts
bulb sizes are good, if you decided to go with 55w with the same temp as all the other bulbs then the color would be slightly off i believe...the lows wouldn't be the same as the highs when they're both on. as for installing them, i popped mine in, there is some drilling involved for the dustcap to push the wires through. i reaimed mine afterwards but theres a spot for that when you have the light housings back in. when looking down onto the light housings you'll see a spot for a phillips head to fit in and when you rotate that your light will move up and down.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Reverttheclown hit most of the points. The higher the wattage, the more the color of the HID is washed out. Because of this, you will want to get 55w 6000k HID H9 for the high headlights.

Buy:
55w 6000k H9 HID (High)
35w 5000k H11 HID (Low)
35w 5000k H9 HID (Fogs)

Also, you use an allen wrench to aim the headlights, not a phillip screwdriver.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
if i like the aiming of my current headlights do i need to change it for HIDs?
It's possible. You definitely want to be courteous towards other drivers by not blinding them which could be danger for you and them if they cannot see or become distracted.

The reason I say this is because your bulbs may be aimed high, but are not bright enough to blind yet if you put HID's in, it could change that. The only real way is to put them in and test them. At night, shine your lights down the road and look towards the car from down the street.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One quick thing can someone explain what the dust cap is? Is it something if i dont get a good seal around the hole that I drill that can cause condensation in my headlight? Thanks i jus want to make sure that I do it right

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
One quick thing can someone explain what the dust cap is? Is it something if i dont get a good seal around the hole that I drill that can cause condensation in my headlight? Thanks i jus want to make sure that I do it right
The dust cap is the plastic cover on the back of the headlight assembly that you twist to get off. It's inconclusive about whether a leak in it can cause condensation, but I doubt it. The HID's come with a black rubber groment that does a good job sealing the hole that you make in the dust cap. If you want to do a better job, then get some silicone and use it to form an airtight barrier between the groment and hole you create in the dust cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.