Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm
About halfway down the pay you'll see that there are apparently HID light bulbs for reverse/drl lights, which includes turn signal bulb sizing, ballast and everything. Don't know how good itd be for turn signals due to warm up but maybe would be fine from the aux lights being on?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Don't use them for turn signals. You will wear out the ballast. They don't have a turn signal option either, only DRL and reverse because they don't blink.

Stick to a LED/filament solution for turn signals. That is a reliable website btw. I'd love to get me some LED turn signals, but then you have to buy load resistors and each side is $25-30 each.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've actually wanted to do the HID reverse lights, but I'd rather go with an extremely bright 9 watt LED like becksmerc did, This way you don't have to wait for them to warm up before you can see, haha.

As for the LEDs, I did LED lights all the way around on the exterior, load resistors and all.
I even found the right combination of resistors for everything work nice. I got mine from amazon!

You'll need two 50W Resistors for the front, and two 25w resistors for the rear.
Here they are:
50W: Amazon! - $8.99
25W:[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper-Blinking-Warning-Signal/dp/B002CJQIGW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1349133481&sr=8-6&keywords=led+load+resistors[/ame] - $3.99

I've been using them for over a year now with no issues at all. No hyper flashing. Careful where you mount them! They get quite hot!

But I must admit, if you do ALL the lights, including the plate in LED (not the headlights or high beams) You'll have an issue with not enough current draw. For instance when I turn on the left or right turn signal, every light on the parking circuit flashes with it. But I added aftermarket Fogs that pull power from the parking light circuit, So long as those are on (but not operating) I don't have a problem with lights flashing. I'm pretty certain a 5th resistor added on the license plate light can help solve this. Just a little more current draw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't get the HID ones, actually i have silverstar ultra reverse lights and they are almost like mini-headlights, they light up a hell of a lot. I really want switchbacks on the fronts though. As far as rear signals i have ultras again and they are bright, if i brake or turn on the signal on the freeway i can usually see the freeway signs reflecting the red light at least half a mile back lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea I think those reverse LEDs are on my list now, I like mine but brighter is better! Especially with tints

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts