Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to find "plug-and-play" HID kit for 2008 G6 (GXP) fog lights.

The factory bulbs are "9040" and I'm trying to find an HID equivalent. eBay search is a little confusing as there doesn't seem to be a straight across match. One shop told me they'd have to pull the bulbs to make a size/fit match. I'm told to get no hotter than 35 watts to protect the plastic cover lens from scorching.

Any brands and sources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
H10 will fit perfectly. As far as companies go, stay away from eBay and low quality crap. DDM Tuning is along the lines of low quality, but that could be an option for you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
OPT7 is another good one and their warranty is great. Have a replacement ballast on its way to me right now from them. You can find all their stuff on amazon easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that

I went to a local auto stereo store and bought a fairly generic set for 30 bucks - we'll see how they work out.

I won't ever use them a whole lot until daylight savings is over, so it's not super critical - I just wanted something that would look cool with my halo ring headlamps and the color is a big mismatch with factory foggies - but I will also enjoy the brighter light.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I use DDM Tuning h10s with 35w ballasts, for my fogs. They work fine and are certainly not "high" quality. One major issue I have on my sedan is that anytime I ride through deep puddles during a heavy rainstorm the bulbs short or something and I have to replace them. I probably shouldn't drive through those puddles anyway. Turn around, don't drown, right :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Puddles

Well I don't run into a lot of puddles here in San Diego, especially since we're in a severe drought here, but even if I did I'd avoid 'em like the plague with my GXP.

Thanks for the referral - I'm familiar with DDM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts