Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my dad really liked the HIDs i baught from ddm tuning and that i isntalled on my G6 and he asked me to check around and see what do i need to be able to install HIDs on his 2004 Grand Prix GT. is it the same thing as the G6s? is it just the connector that is different? THX ALOT!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok cool thanks alot guys :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh but guys should i get 35W or 55W ?

edit: im getting HIDs just for low beams. i have 35W on my G6 and i believe 55W could be better

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the 35W hids and they just arrived. i installed them with my dad on his car. Unfortunately, they don't work... Not even one side so that i can suppose one of them is broken... Cables fit perfectly, we have tried removing the plugs and putting them back together. We even tried switching sides from the right to the left. Do any of you guys ahve any idea what this problem is all about? please help me out here im trying to help my dad :S he was happy when he received them and now they don't work :(. Thanks alot guys and ill be waiting for responses ASAP.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG lampoon you are my savior :D thanks alot bro i really owe you alot as well as the rest of the g6 club members. now me and my dad are happy :p i was going to do that btw but just wasnt sure if it would screw up the batterie in case it wasent this the problem. but once i received your comment and i read it, i emidiatly realized that it wouldnt do anything. so i did what you said and it works. i guess ddm just failed placing the polarity. ill put some tape around the plug to make sure it doesnt come off because now it doesnt have that little lock anymore. thanks alot again :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey, just so you know, that's not Lampoon...

Suggestion though..
Put a zip tie between the two wires on the connector and then loop it around the entire ballast. Oh and do this before you stick it down or else you won't be able to get the sip tie around it haha.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouch lol i dunno why i typed lampoon i guess i was just tired

1 - 12 of 12 Posts