Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! :)

I am having a fair amount of problems with my 2007 G6 GT at the moment. I am trying to fix as many things as possible by myself.

I am having troubles with my high beams... If I turn them on (push the stick away from me - it locks in place), the lights do not turn on and no dash light. If I 'flash' (pull the stick towards me) them, the lights come on and the dash light shows.

Everywhere I've read suggests looking at the headlight switch and cleaning it... where is the headlight switch?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The switch is the "stick" as you refer to it (it's called the multifunction switch). Just replace it. They are not expensive (about $25). How-to in the Chiltons for G6.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
OEM is AC/Delco D6253E:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D6253E-Signal-Dimmer-Function/dp/B004940ZNK/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=G6|2597&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Pontiac|52&Year=2007|2007&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=008[/ame]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you - are these fairly easy to replace? Or, should I get a mechanic to replace it?

I don't have a Haynes manual...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That how-to is pretty useless. I'm sure there's a how-to video on youtube. Note that the part goes by several names: multi-function switch, headlight switch, turn signal switch.

You don't have to disable the airbag.

If you generally aren't a DIY person with tools & don't wish to buy the Chiltons for G6, then my advice is don't try it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That how-to is pretty useless. I'm sure there's a how-to video on youtube. Note that the part goes by several names: multi-function switch, headlight switch, turn signal switch.

You don't have to disable the airbag.

If you generally aren't a DIY person with tools & don't wish to buy the Chiltons for G6, then my advice is don't try it yourself.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate all of your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts