Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles does your gy have and what drivetrain is it? I'm currently sitting at 195000 miles with my 2005 and it has the 3.5 l A4 and I had my first drivetrain problem last week when my shift solenoid burnt up. I'm wondering if I should sell the car or not. I did regular maintaince and evendors flushed/changed trans fluid every 70 k but I'm not sure how long these transmissions and enines can hold up. ?. Any input

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 180k on my G6 base with the 2.4L Ecotech and the poop 4 speed auto. Honestly since it's a GM and the 3.5 is pretty reliable it's the transmission that I would worry about the most. The engine properly maintained I believe would easily hit 300k. But I would recommend doing your fluid changes at 50k vs 70k just to be safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 05 had 225k before I got rid or if still going pretty strong, but it did have a solenoid problem that was fixed at about 120k ish area maybe a little more like 140 can't remember but other then that it's been solid, I still see it around the area :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT V6 3.5 and just about to hit 156000. This baby has been involved in 2 accidents now (Both not my fault) With many parts replaced and brand new. Engine is still running like a clock to this day. Had a small oil leak coming from the crank case but nothing major. Have not had oil loss recently and hoping i can get up to 250000+ :p. Entire exhaust system has been replaced and I try to keep up with regular check ups and maintenance. I Live in Michigan so I Believe weather will take its toll in time. Make sure to spray your intake at least every 2500 miles, from what i have seen it helps a lot with my mileage to work and keep the engine running smooth.
Picture is before accident, front end is ruined now. Need some time to get it replaced. Maybe after winter :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT V6 3.5 and just about to hit 156000. This baby has been involved in 2 accidents now (Both not my fault) With many parts replaced and brand new. Engine is still running like a clock to this day. Had a small oil leak coming from the crank case but nothing major. Have not had oil loss recently and hoping i can get up to 250000+ :p. Entire exhaust system has been replaced and I try to keep up with regular check ups and maintenance. I Live in Michigan so I Believe weather will take its toll in time. Make sure to spray your intake at least every 2500 miles, from what i have seen it helps a lot with my mileage to work and keep the engine running smooth.
Picture is before accident, front end is ruined now. Need some time to get it replaced. Maybe after winter :D
What do you mean spray? (not trying to be rude im actually interested)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you mean spray? (not trying to be rude im actually interested)
I'm sorry ! Yes I spray the MAF Sensor with cleaner every 2500 miles or so. A bottle lasts me a while and not too expensive. I do want to loo into intake manifold cleaning which may also benefit! I can send a picture of the one I use if you want

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry ! Yes I spray the MAF Sensor with cleaner every 2500 miles or so. A bottle lasts me a while and not too expensive. I do want to loo into intake manifold cleaning which may also benefit! I can send a picture of the one I use if you want
Yes please 267-355-9861 or on the forum whichever you perfer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts