Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles does your gy have and what drivetrain is it? I'm currently sitting at 195000 miles with my 2005 and it has the 3.5 l A4 and I had my first drivetrain problem last week when my shift solenoid burnt up. I'm wondering if I should sell the car or not. I did regular maintaince and evendors flushed/changed trans fluid every 70 k but I'm not sure how long these transmissions and enines can hold up. ?. Any input

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 180k on my G6 base with the 2.4L Ecotech and the poop 4 speed auto. Honestly since it's a GM and the 3.5 is pretty reliable it's the transmission that I would worry about the most. The engine properly maintained I believe would easily hit 300k. But I would recommend doing your fluid changes at 50k vs 70k just to be safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 05 had 225k before I got rid or if still going pretty strong, but it did have a solenoid problem that was fixed at about 120k ish area maybe a little more like 140 can't remember but other then that it's been solid, I still see it around the area :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts