Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hood latch to open the hood has fallen off. And I have no idea on how to install it or where it even goes. I was pulling it to open the hood and then it just fell off. It is an 06 G6, with V6 if that makes a difference. Please help

Thank you all very much

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The hood latch to open the hood has fallen off. And I have no idea on how to install it or where it even goes. I was pulling it to open the hood and then it just fell off. It is an 06 G6, with V6 if that makes a difference. Please help

Thank you all very much
If you PM me with an email address I'll send the R&R from the SI. It has diagrams that might help you figure it out. That's the best I can offer.

They are in the $35 neighborhood if you just want to replace it.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
The latch is held on with 3 bolts. You can easily access it from the front
and dont have to remove the fascia or rad support cover.
I can snap a picture for you if you'd like.

I adjusted mine last week. You can raise or lower your hood some by adjusting the latch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The latch is held on with 3 bolts. You can easily access it from the front
and dont have to remove the fascia or rad support cover.
I can snap a picture for you if you'd like.

I adjusted mine last week. You can raise or lower your hood some by adjusting the latch.
Please that would be really helpful thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The OP just PM-ed me that it is the cable that is busted. Can anyone help him with opening the hood? Seems like you could get a hand up there from underneath & lift the latch. You might have to lower the splash shield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts