Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been reading a lot of threads on g6 owners' club and g6p. seems to me that when it comes to performance mod, there're just intakes, exhausts and tunes. i found two sites and there are some cool stuff i may wanna try. just want you guys' opinion.

1.MMS
they seemed to offer a lot of stuffs for 3500 powertrain performance. heads, cam, manifolds, PCM, etc... there are even ls 4 and 4t65e-hd transplant available...
any one used their products?

2.Vector Motorsports
there're PCM/TCM tunes offered. but the thing that is surprising is, the description of their's and WAMS' are IDENTICAL! i don't know who's copying who. but they have dyno sheet making it more trustable, while WAMS doesn't. (nothing personal here, just trynna find the best thing for g6)
Also, there's a heat soak reduction kit. here's something quoted
"One user with the LS2 version of this kit tested it back to back on a dyno. He recovered 8 RWHP with the kit plugged in verses not!"
it is tempting to me. and i think the description is reasonable.
====

all above is my opinion. i just dunno if their products are as good as they seem to be. tried to find if there's any user reviews but got nothing.

·
LX9 or nothing
74 Posts
2.Vector Motorsports
there're PCM/TCM tunes offered. but the thing that is surprising is, the description of their's and WAMS' are IDENTICAL! i don't know who's copying who. but they have dyno sheet making it more trustable, while WAMS doesn't. (nothing personal here, just trynna find the best thing for g6)
the WAMS and Vector have the same discription cause the guy from wams use to work for vector so both are basically the exact same thing, so either way you go it's gonna work the same...
both are good and everyone loves them

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the WAMS and Vector have the same discription cause the guy from wams use to work for vector so both are basically the exact same thing, so either way you go it's gonna work the same...
both are good and everyone loves them
that's good to know. thank you. ppl keep saying chris is the only one who can tune a 6. i was like, so what is vector anyway, liars? but tune from vector is more expensive. so if i were to go for a tune, chris is the guy im gonna go for.

what about their heat soak reduction kit?
and MMS products?
anyone?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
The HSRK didnt work well for me so I sold mine.
Discovered then that it actually works too good.
By that I mean your ECM cant keep up with the sensors data.
That puts the ECM into whats called Burst mode.

Thats like a fail soft that retards everything a bit to prevent damage as it views it as something wrong in the system.

You will take a small performance & MPG hit with it.

Now that was on my 3.5 platform. Maybe it will work on the 3.6 or 3.9....
I have no idea. It just wasnt performing to my liking.

You might ask GTPPrix about them.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
They aren't the same, I've kept updating my tunes and I've actually owned a G6 and Malibu to do development on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HSRK didnt work well for me so I sold mine.
Discovered then that it actually works too good.
By that I mean your ECM cant keep up with the sensors data.
That puts the ECM into whats called Burst mode.

Thats like a fail soft that retards everything a bit to prevent damage as it views it as something wrong in the system.

You will take a small performance & MPG hit with it.

Now that was on my 3.5 platform. Maybe it will work on the 3.6 or 3.9....
I have no idea. It just wasnt performing to my liking.

You might ask GTPPrix about them.
well, i got a 3500...maybe it's not for me..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They aren't the same, I've kept updating my tunes and I've actually owned a G6 and Malibu to do development on.
so, the heat soak reduction kit is good, but i have to tune the PCM in order to make it work, is that what you mean?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
No I was talking about the tunes on the G6, the HSRK caused burst knock on all the G6's I tried it on (I'm one of the two people who developed it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts