Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2007 sedan with a 3.5 V6. It is now on it's 4th radiator still under 100k and 2nd water pump. With all these changes I have air trapped in the system. I have gurgling/schlossing noises in the cabin pretty bad. I cannot find a bleeder screw as older Pontiacs have had. Can anyone tell me how to bleed the air out of this sealed system? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has the fluid been completely drained at any point?

Driver side under the radiator (under air dam) there is a petcock that you open up and the coolant drains out. If you have long thin arms you can reach it through the engine bay rather than removing the air dam. Drain it all out to start new. Add distilled water and circulate it through the engine for a while after burping it all out with an open reservoir cap. Drain the water out. When refilling coolant open the reservoir cap, run the engine, and squeeze the hoses to release air. Continue adding coolant (50:50 with distilled water) until it is full. This will burp the air out. There's no bleeder valve. This is a decent writeup. I had this happen to me with the sloshing, no heat issue about 3.5 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try burping it with the hoses and the cap off. At this point I don't think it will do any good to drain the system and start over again, I think that could add more air to the system. Thanks for your response, Very much appreciated. Stupid Pontiac, how much money did they save by eliminating the bleeder valve??????

·
Registered
380 Posts
I remember reading that someone loosened this tube to help bleed air from the coolant. It is pretty easy to get to so may be worth a try. The tube itself seems to head back to the coolant reservoir return so may not make much of a difference. Hope you get it sorted either way.

Attachments

·
4,054 Posts
Unfortunately we (07 3.5's) don't have a bleeder. I've gone through this a few too many times. What I've found works best is.
Fill with coolant /water mix until res is half way full.
start car with heater full blast, and res cap off. It'll get hot quick. once you hit about 130 the cooling fans will come on.
shut car off, let cool.
when you come back, the reservoir will be empty. Fill back up and start process again.
after about 4 times the air will be coming out of your vents hot, and your car won't reach 130.
Put res lid on, test drive with heater still blasting. after it cools check level again you may have to add a little bit more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mitsubishi is the same way, what I found best was to put the car on a steep incline or jack it up some and then let it run so the air bubble can move through .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tryed that but my car RPM goes up to 4200 for 20 seconds then goes down keeping the Reservoir for I just changed thermostat and coolant temperature sensor how can I get this coin into the car it's just not going down I've tried starting it turning it off starting it turning it off even squares the hoses nothing's working please help finding it the 60007 3.5 l

·
Registered
4 Posts
This worked for me but the 3rd fill. And the 3rd start up, wouldn't start I have all new just put in with in 4 months Current temperature sensor, thermostat, fuel pump, massive airflow sencer, and a new throttle body.
Some1 please tell me why isnt it starting now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts