Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going through the process of painting a few interior pieces and want to remove the center shifter cover. The piece that has the park, reverse, neutral, drive indicators. Does anyone know how to remove this piece so i can paint it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, the center console has to be removed first. There are two bolts in the back of the center console that are visible when you slide the front seats all the way forward (they are horizontal). I believe there are also bolts in the front of the center console... from what I remember, the extensions that go from the center console under the dash have to be removed first and then the bolts are going in horizontally also. Pictures or a diagram would help here, but i don't have any handy. After the center console is off, you then have to remove the knob on the shifter. I'm pretty sure the chrome plated collar on the bottom of the shift knob pulls down to expose a set screw that must be loosened to remove the shift knob. At this point, the shift indicator plate is FINALLY accessible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.