Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How do I replace the bulbs in my fog lights?

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Trybal 
#1 ·
I want to replace the bulbs in my fogs lights, but I'm unsure how to install them.

I want to replace them with CCFL's or something a bit brighter than the stock lights. Any suggestions?

I just installed a Racingline STB, MMI's and grounding wires. I have Revotec Halo projectors, and now with the stock fog lights they just seem so weak paired with the Revotec's.

How hard is it to replace bulbs in the fog lights? and what socket bulb would fit into that socket without a major retrofit being required.

#6 ·
they will be brighter than most halogens you throw in there...i know 55w was too much for the fog light housing with HID's (would cause melting of the plastic housing) but with an LED bulb you should be safe. If you haven't already thrown some HIDs in your lows i'd suggest doing both the lows and fogs with a set. a set of HID bulbs from DDMtuning.com is the same price as those LED's and are definitely 100% brighter than any halogen bulb out there.

#8 ·
its a kit...http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

theres the slim kit (link) and the raptor kit also on the site...personal preference on which to choose, both work. get 35w for fogs and either 35w or 55w for lows. H11 bulb size for fogs...not sure on those Revotecs for the low beam bulb size. should say on the back of the housing or in an owners manual. as long as you get the correct bulb size it should as easy as changing out any other bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.