Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Use the tint you can buy in a spray paint bottle from auto zone or a local parts store. Or u can always buy pre made cut outs for them

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
536 Posts
I ordered the vinyls, didn't like them, the most used spray is probably VHT, but I used rust oleum tail tint. All can be bought at autozone and have YouTube postings to show how too do it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Troy
229 Posts

Three layers of VHT nightshades

·
Registered
474 Posts
what that, and then watch part 2.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've had friends work with the spray on tint and run into problems, such as an uneven coat. Also if you ever want to remove it you have to sand the light and start from scratch.

I prefer vinyl, If you were to go that route, stay away from pre-cut. You're much better off buying a stock roll and cutting out what you need. You'll need a heat gun to stretch it over all the curves.

Sure the vinyl is a more involved process but I like how it works out better. Last time I used VHT on a buddies car and it was a pain to get it all shiny to match the rest of the car. haha

·
Registered
474 Posts

Mine turned out well.. :cool:

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
I spray tinted my stock tail lights. After getting pulled over the 5th time and getting my 5th warning, I was told it could be a $200 fine here in GA. I then got the black altezza tail lights. If you do spray tint them, definitely be careful of uneven spraying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts