Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
It's not that simple. You will be losing the DIC stuff but the DIC connector must be terminated. That is to say ....you can't just let it dangle. I got my radio and install kit from Crutchfield, The kit includesa little that you plug the DIC cable into. Hope this helps. Oh yes...I hope you dont have the fancy monsoon radio because they are areal problem to replace with aftermarket stuff.

· Registered
274 Posts
Unless you have a GT version it'[s unlikely that you have the monsoon radio. The Monsoon system comes with an amplifier that's located in the trunk. There are threads on this site that cover this pretty thoroughly. Go to Crutchfield's site and get their Master Sheet for the G6. It has a step by step procedure. If the Elantra radio is a factory radio you will not be able to find a adapter harness that goes from a Hundai plug to a GM plug. Aftermarket radios have a standard wiring setup so it's easy to get an adapter harness that goes from Aftermarket radio to GM. If you have never installed an aftermarket radio, you need to do some research.

· Registered
274 Posts
That's a realy nice solution. Perhaps the monsoon problem lies in replacing the speakers. I have the impression that they are wired differently. The folks at Crutchfield work hard at providing solutions to the ICE community.

· Registered
274 Posts
If you have decided to get an aftermarket radio, you would need the radio AND the installation components. The original Pontiac harness will not plug into an aftermarket radio. You need an adapter harness that the pontiac harness plugs into and the other end plugs into the aftermarket radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts