Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2007 pontiac G6 and discovered as I was driving it home the radio is locked. Had no idea what this meant at first but came to discover it's a theft protection thing.

A quick google search reveals the following as a top result...

"Dial 1-800-537-5140 to connect with GM's toll-free radio hotline. Once you're connected, you'll be asked to provide your vehicle's radio identification number, along with a special dealer access code. You'll then be rewarded with a 4-digit retrieval code, which will allow you to unlock your radio. "

The problem is I have no idea how to find the radio ID # nor the special dealer access code, if the latter is even something I could obtain. It's a used vehicle 15 years old with multiple owners, surely there is some other way a radio can be unlocked without trying to track down the above info and calling 1-800 help lines. Is there a way to unlock it on my own?

The seller had to jumpstart it shortly before the sale, which likely is what locked it, and had no info that could assist w/the unlock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not that simple. You will be losing the DIC stuff but the DIC connector must be terminated. That is to say ....you can't just let it dangle. I got my radio and install kit from Crutchfield, The kit includesa little that you plug the DIC cable into. Hope this helps. Oh yes...I hope you dont have the fancy monsoon radio because they are areal problem to replace with aftermarket stuff.
Mine def doesnt look fancy, but who knows, could have been considered such back in 2007. How do i know if it's a monsoon and what makes it so hard to swap out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do I need to buy all the installation components or just the radio itself?

On crutchfield(and seems similar off amazon and other sites) im lookin at roughly 60 bucks for the stereo and then another 60 for the lowest priced option for the installation stuff which appears to cover wire harness and the bracket/console cover. Can the harness off my original stereo not simply be reused? I suppose the rest of it would be needed to actually mount it since it is unlikely to fit the same exact way as the existing/original radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts