Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got REALLY nervous yesterday after I picked up a 42' HDTV at Walmart and noticed that I couldn't unlock/lock my doors out in the parking lot. I had to trip the alarm eventually but was able to start it. I'm using my duplicate key fob the dealer gave me but I will assume the battery will go out soon on that one as well. I was thinking about just taking it to the dealer but wasn't sure if you guys had a better solution. I noticed that there is no screw on the back of the fob so how do you get inside the thing?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If swapping the battery and it still doesn't work, check the bracket that the battery mounts into. They are flimsy and the welds on them break. I had to solder mine back to the board and it fixed my problem.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
If swapping the battery and it still doesn't work, check the bracket that the battery mounts into. They are flimsy and the welds on them break. I had to solder mine back to the board and it fixed my problem.
I had the same problem with one of my fobs. The solder broke and it quit working. Thankfully for me my little brother is an electronics engineer. He had it fixed in about two minutes. It took longer for the soldering iron to warm up than it did for him to fix it. :D

As stated it is really easy to open the fob up.

BE CAREFUL when removing the old battery (if that is your problem), don't pull up much or you'll break the solder.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Ussually you can get em cheap off ebay too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.