Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,100 Posts
"...a true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
Ahhh, the need for speed. Top speed doesn't appeal to me as much as acceleration does.
(Top fuels new record a few weeks ago,
“3.80 sec”)

· Premium Member
643 Posts
I thought the 07 GT and up have a limiter at 110. The 05 GT has a limiter at 135, supposedly. Only got it up to 125. Ah to be young and (still) dumb.

· Registered
142 Posts
I just got my car dyno tuned at a nearby tuner. They have tuned 9 G6's before, so I was fairly comfortable letting them tune it.

I have an 07 G6 GT with 224 hp at the crank, 181 at the wheels

After: 281 at the crank, 248 at the wheels:D:D

LOT FASTER

· Registered
142 Posts
I have an exhaust and a Cold Air Intake. They determined the crank hp by setting up an inequality equation that relates crank to the wheel horsepower and the efficiency of the transmission and once they had that there was some other equations involved, I dont really know they did it on the computer and I didn't really see what they were doing, I asked him but he sorta mumbled so it was difficult to understand.

· Registered
346 Posts
Knock knock...? haha.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
I just got my car dyno tuned at a nearby tuner. They have tuned 9 G6's before, so I was fairly comfortable letting them tune it.

I have an 07 G6 GT with 224 hp at the crank, 181 at the wheels

After: 281 at the crank, 248 at the wheels:D:D

LOT FASTER

I withhold comment until I see some dyno sheets. Nothing personal, but people have said crazier stuff before.

· Registered
142 Posts
I know I wouldn't believe me either LOL. :D . Anyway I really dont have the dyno sheets, sorry. I didn't bother to keep them. I might be able to request them from the dyno place. I think they keep a record of all that stuff. I will request one. By the way, I only got it tuned a few days ago, so maybe they could send me the dyno sheet by email, if they remember me. I have another thread I am one that is me requesting what people got for dyno numbers on my same model and year, just so all y'all know, that thread is older than this one! Just so people know. Anyway I still want that thread open to compare numbas. I haven't been on this forum long, so I was wondering what kind of bs people really put on this site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.