Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
As far as the cars only lasting 100,000 miles... I had a 97 Monte Carlo with 130,000 on a 3.1, and when it hit 127 the tranny started to slip, and I drove that thing HARD!!! Never burned oil and I never had to replace the manifold gasket or O ring like most people had to do. People buy new cars because of the look of it and features and because of this urban myth that cars dont last long. Anything can last long if its properly maintained. Sure a car will burn oil, if you dont change it but every 7,000 miles!! A tranny can slip with 10,000 miles on it, cars are nothing but a crap shoot...

·
Registered
142 Posts
The odd thing is, that I've seen more babied engines blown than beat up ones (thats 2 years at an Advanced Auto Parts and 5 at Napa talking here)... but I must say that bouncing off the rev limiter isnt going to help any car LOL!! If cars were meant to be babied, we'd all have 3L Geo engines...power and gearing is made for a reason, to be used!!

P.S.- My RX7 (r.i.p LITERALLY) had 138,xxx with a single turbo conversion pushin 400+ was all original.. well minus the turbo upgrade hehe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.