Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
carsuperfreak said:
The way I see it, If GM Powertrain didn't think it was safe to go past 4500rpm, then they would have put the rev limiter there instead of 6200....
Yep. :)

Cars were meant to be driven.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Cars are only designed to last to 100,000 miles (if that). Do you think if they built a car that last forever they could possibly keep making money and increasing profits every year? They would put themselves out of business. Thats why you can buy aftermarket parts that last 100x longer than the parts on your new 40 or 50 thousand dollar car.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Always exceptions.. I know a handful of people who have driven LT1 powered Caprice/Corvettes and fbodys to 200+ thousand miles... I also know of HUNDREDS who made it 50~75K and all hell broke loose. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
You're right..maybe the 100K number is probably off for newer cars...

Cmon.. as a car maker offering a warranty for 50,000 miles / 3 years (for example) you obviously don't need to worry about what happens after that 50k/3 year mark. Why should they?

·
Registered
532 Posts
And I have owned and buried just as many vehicles with less than 75K on the clock. (Good old Quad 4 ;) )... Also if you add tons of miles in a year those perspective changes a lot.. (I was pumping 30K a year for a while and my cars would make it over the 100K mark with ease)....

Sorry I have seen way more cars NOT make the 100K hump than I have make it without a major failure.

·
Registered
532 Posts
eww.. speaking of my change oil message came on yesterday. time to hand over some dough at the dealer. (want that crap documented so I have no issues unloading this thing)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.