Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles have you guys gotten out of a single tank with the G6?
What kind of driving was it, city/highway, what engine?

So far with Hypermiling, the best I have gotten out of a tank with the 2.4, 4 speed with city driving in atlanta traffic was 497 miles.

What about you?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can push upwards of 700km with the 3.5. With four adults and a plethora of luggage I get 500-550km depending on traffic, road elevation and speed limits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
417 Miles On A Tank of Gas

'07 GT Sport convertible; 3.9 liter; 417 miles on a tank is the longest I have went on one tank. Partly defined by how far I dare to push it after the low fuel light comes on. That was highway driving under good conditions. It is very normal to go 390 to 405 miles under similar conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is an 05 with the 3.5L. The most I've ever gotten was 425 miles. I consistently get 410-415 when driving on the interstate. Normal highway driving is around 360-380. Driving mostly in town I can get around 280-300 miles.
I don't know if this is below average, average, or above average. The car hasn't seen a whole lot of maintenance (just oil changes) for several years and has 162,000 miles. At 30-32 mpg, it's way better than any other vehicle I've ever owned in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 07 3.5 Automatic coupe with 228k on it, and from Atlanta to Dallas Texas, with 93 Octane, I got 557 miles on one tank with a 42 mile range
when I filled up. PLUS, the tires were bald and in need of an alignment, the valve covers were seeping, and it hadn't had a tune up in 75k miles. LOL. And I have a P0420 check engine light on, due to a fault catalytic converter.

I filled up with 93 when I got home, and am avg around 22.1 city.

Is my car a unicorn?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts