Pontiac G6 Forum banner

781 - 791 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 g6, under 140k. Replaced transmission once, wheel bearings multiple times, cv joints, all tires multiple times, and currently, my fuel injectors, abs system, and tire pressure monitor system are faulting, and my transmission feels like it is still slipping, even after being supposedly serviced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm at 192,600 miles on my 09 g6. Change front struts and springs, throttle boby, 2 wheel hubs, and driver side headlight socket about 7 times. Runs great. But now in getting a humming out of the front end somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 Pontiac G6. I have 116k miles and so far I have replaced speakers, fuel pump (had a start issue, ended up being a burnt wire and not the fuel pump), rims, maf sensor, and general maintenance.

I bought the car in 2017 with 92k miles and there wasn't any issues until this year with what I thought was my fuel pump. The car would crank, but shut off a few seconds later. Replaced the fuel pump, but the issue ended up being a burnt wire for the fuel pump terminal in the trunk fuse panel. I did have an issue with the power mirror switch not working, third brake light not working, and a bad headlight connector. However, a trip to Pull a Part and $10 later, I have fixed everything. No lights on the instrument cluster and nothing to fix for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased my G6 GT in Oct./19 .110kMi. I knew it needed stuff. Radiator ,front brakes ,fluids,all of them , trans cooler lines (rusted /leaking) , spark plugs ,air filter .those were of immediate concern. Addressed the rear sway bar rattle by putting shims cut from an old tire under it. Yeah , I know it’s a band aid but for now no rattle ! In the spring I’ll probably replace front control arms & sway bar links . A few electrical cooties have come & gone . But w/help from this forum I’ve cured the temp gauge, tire monitor & occasional other messages . I’m happy with the power & handling ,pretty much what I figured it would be . It’s a bit better than my previous car , an 07 Malibu max LT 3.5l . The poncho would benefit from new shoes that’s another spring . I had Cooper Zeon 1G ‘s on the Boo , amazing sneakers ttfn Mechanic Savant out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my 2007 G6 used 10/2019 but no rust very clean interior and everything works. 170,000 miles. Lots of front end bumps, etc. Replaced both struts, front wheel bearings, lower a-arms & ball joints, sway bar bushings and installed vented/cross drilled and grooved rotors with ceramic pads (front and rear). Did all the work myself so I saved a lot on labor costs. I knew this going in but the price I paid made it all worth it. Total invested (including original price is $3200).I've been driving since 1956 and this is my first ever GM product, can't say I'm disappointed as it is a great go-to work car.

781 - 791 of 791 Posts