Pontiac G6 Forum banner

801 - 816 of 816 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
2007 GT 3.9L hand-me-down with 215,000 miles and driving like a champ. Trans replaced 2 years ago. A small engine fire two months ago made me second guess this little convertible for a second. Power steering failed. I tried to troubleshoot and spilled fluid into the empty power steering reservoir and consequent plumbing that could not support it. Said fluid ended up on the exhaust system and caught fire. Burned some power steering plumbing in the process. Yet, I consider myself lucky as the car is fitted with the hydraulic system instead of the more tech-forward electric-response system, which draws the ire of many folk on this forum. Still, a little fire, quenched with the contents of my travel coffee mug, even if not a big deal for some old-timers, was my first car fire and slightly disturbing.

·
Registered
2007 G6 GT
2 Posts
It is all on the original engine. I did have to get a transmission replaced near 300,000 MILES, not sure of the exact mileage of tranny work. It will get some TLC and off I go to 500,000 MILES.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is all on the original engine. I did have to get a transmission replaced near 300,000 MILES, not sure of the exact mileage of tranny work. It will get some TLC and off I go to 500,000 MILES.
That is just incredible! It is hard to believe, but damn... I'm guessing you follow a stricter than recommended maintenance schedule.

BTW... Just bought my 09 G6 3.5L Base with 140k on it and it runs flawlessly... Don't think the damned thing doesn't realize it isn't a race car! Bought it w/ warped rotors so I'm going to replace those (and pads) next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
just bought a 09 g6 sedan with 3.5L full black interior, sunroof, zero rust with only 49k miles for $3750! no codes just needed struts when i got it.

801 - 816 of 816 Posts