Pontiac G6 Forum banner

821 - 839 of 839 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Having issues with brake lights and ecs traction control
There's a recall for the brake lights. At least there is for mine. Call your GM dealer.
(It's been my experience that if anything goes "wonky" with any of the systems, the stability/traction control will be disabled and will turn on the warning light, so it could be related.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
05 GT with 183k miles. Bought it at 168k a little over a year ago with a rebuilt title from a rebuild yard for 2500. Definitely a money magnet but it loves all the new parts I throw at it. So far have replaced brake rotors & pads (all), tires (all), steering column (after my power steering went out for a month), battery, alternator, fuel pump, and now tomorrow a new starter (been sitting for days 😭😭).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dam that's great 300 how much work did you put in the motor and trans
No trans work other than having it flushed. Motor, biggest thing so far has been a timing chain replacement, and a clogged cat (typ for this car). Biggest pain has been the steering torque sensor. Had that replaced twice so far, once under warranty, and the other cost me almost $500 since it's not something that can be done at home. GM finally put a decent warranty on the part that wasnt there for the first replacement. Mainly highway miles, so there is that. And bevel it or not, I bought it as a repaired total with 14,000 on it. got my moneys worth out of it

·
Registered
pontiac g6 GT RETRACTABLE TOP
8 Posts
2008 g6gt. i got 114,000. runs perfect, but new $3000 transmisson put in. that hurt!!! plus the annoying idiot lights on dash pop on every once in awhile, and the ride feels rough. maybe new shocks? i dunno yet!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just turned 100,000 miles last week . I really didn't think she was going to make it after the accident but we beat the odds . Other than the accident the only real repair was replacing the front door lock actuator last week . Was purchased new in July 2009 .

Attachments

821 - 839 of 839 Posts