Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been on this board very long, but I've worked on cars for at least 15 years here and some of the stuff I see on here scares me a bit. I was searching on how to change the H11 fog light bulbs on the base/GT models and all I found was that I needed to pull the whole headlight out to access the fogs??? WAAY too much work! All that is needed is this:

-Trim panel removal tool
-The bulbs
-10~20 minutes time

1.) lay on your back at the front of the car, by the fog light. You will see a black plastic panel held on by three black plastic retainers (one of which is in a recessed area of the panel at an angle) under the car.

2.) remove the three black plastic retainers with your removal tool (or pair of needle nose pliers, but you might tear the retainer a bit) and the panel will now easily pull down.

3.) remove the light, still plugged in, by twisting up and pulling out. Once the light is out, there is plenty wire to separate the harness from the bulb from below the car.

4.) insert new bulb into the housing without hooking the wire up. The plug will be parallel to the ground and will twist down to lock in place. Now you can easily snap the harness into the bulb.

5.) hold the panel up and re-insert the 3 black plastic retainers until they fit flush to the panel.

That's it. No need to move headlights and wiggle air boxes out of the way. Now mind you, this is for a direct replacement, if you are installing HIDs, you'll need to find a place to mount the ballast (so in that case, maybe removing the headlight might help).

Hope this helps!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Nice write up. I would just recommend u Snap some pix for a "How To".

For wire running and ballast placement you will need to pull the headlight.
Its just two screws but a few of the push pins in that front top fascia
need to come out....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts