Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forum and I have horrible front stabilizer links on a 2008 G6 that need to be replaced soon. I intend to do this by myself and I was wondering if anyone can give some hints - advice - step by step instructions. :banghead:

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
On my truck they are two nuts. You cant get any easier.
On my Mustang you have to hold the bolt with a drive (like an 8mm socket)
while using a wrench to take the nut off behind it or the whole thing just spins.

Either way its easy cheesy. ;)

·
The G6 is my DD :-)
22 Posts
Have you done this yet? If not (and for anyone else who tries it) you will probably find that the nut on the link is frozen. You can try PB, but I find that it's easiest to just cut the stud at the nut with a cut-off wheel. No need to save parts and it actually saves time you'd otherwise waste trying to remove the nut -- and failing. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the replacement link nuts?

Thanks BK

BTW I did mine last night. Had them both R+R in about a half hour. I held the part that spins next to the rubber boot with a small vise grip and used an 18mm socket, came right off.

It's worth mentioning that the strut must be aligned just so for the parts to come out smoothly after the nuts are removed. I put the car on a jack stand and put the floor jack under the ball joint to raise, therefore compressing, the strut enough for the links to fall right out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts