Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The solution to codes P0010, P0011, P0013 & P0014 for a 2.4L engine:

Firstly, these two parts are covered by your 5 yr 100,000 mi powertrain warranty, if it hasn't expired.

Pull off the plastic engine cover. Find the two small cylinders just to the left of the #1 spark plug. Replace them both. They are called intake & exhaust camshaft position (CMP) actuator solenoids (among other names). Autozone should carry the Dormans but I'm not sure they'll have the AC/Delcos (OEM). Just remove the hold-down bolts & pull up the cylinders. Put engine oil on the new o-rings & don't over-torque the bolts. The two are keyed differently (& have different part numbers) so you can't interchange them.

Dorman part # 917-216 (exhaust) & 917-215 (intake)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
To help illustrate which part it is, here are a couple of pics I snapped.
The parts in question are in the red circle and are labeled...

Torque spec is 89 inch-pounds (just over 7 ft-lbs). So definitely be careful not to over-tighten them as greenman said.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry I just figured with the limited years of production all the 3.5 would be the same.

I have the 2007 base sport 3.5

Also could the actuators contribute to engine noise, almost sounds like a lifter ticking was think maybe it could because of limited oil flow? I haven't drove the car much but it seems to just do it after it is driven for a little while. FYI I just got the car 3 days ago.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry I just figured with the limited years of production all the 3.5 would be the same.

I have the 2007 base sport 3.5

Also could the actuators contribute to engine noise, almost sounds like a lifter ticking was think maybe it could because of limited oil flow? I haven't drove the car much but it seems to just do it after it is driven for a little while. FYI I just got the car 3 days ago.
you bought a car with a problem someone else did not want to fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a P0014 code on my 2008 G6 2.4L. I disconnected the plugs on the 2 sensors, started the car with them diconnected, shut it off, plugged them back in, and started it. Code cleared so far....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts