Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first purchased my g6 about 2 days later I noticed a leak in the trunk. Searching for answers not many were found. However with the advice of an old timer, I was told that I should just start with my sunroof drains, if that didn't work i'd have bigger problems.

To replace the sunroof drains is a long and tedious process. I needed interior pulling tool, a small flathead, a Philips, a large and small socket wrench and various socket sizes. To start you just need to remove your interior pieces that hold up the headliner. This includes the top half of the pillars on the front, middle, and rear of the car. After this, remove your visors, this is done by unscrewing the bolts holding it in then unplugging the wire that the visor will dangle off of which is tucked further in the liner. Next I removed the seatbelts for my front seats, then I removed my dome lights. After this I had room to move the headliner and check for the location of the sunroof drains. They ended up being near where my front seatbelts were (i own a coupe.) From here (they had already fallen off,) I just had to remove them, then tighten the new ones on using needle nose pliers, a flathead, and my finger. Make sure the go on as far as possible and are tight as in you can't pull them off with your fingers. After this I put everything back in the order I took it off and haven't had trunk leaks since!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts