Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I frequent this site for everything for my 6, and I've viewed many discussions and pictures regarding Halos, eagle eyes, etc. I have decided to purchase Eagle eyes in the near future, however looking at the pics (and watching cars with halos) i have a very specific inquiry.

please note 2 things:
1) I am using 3 HID kits (high/low/fogs) from (insert crap company name here), and currently have removed my DRL fuse as i was burning through bulbs and ballasts like crazy, i will be getting DDM kits soon, and doing it right. for now just keep in mind that i have HIDs and want to continue using them.

to add to that, i will also be using a wiring harness for each of the 3 HID kits, which would resolve any issues if the low beams are ever run with the drls.

2) It should also be known that i live in Canada, and my car instantly turns on the drls when the car is taken out of park. with the DRLs enabled, the low beams will always be lit up regardless of the position of the headlight on/off toggle.

I obviously want my halos on during the day. i have noticed that most people have their setup so that their halos are on during the day WITH their low beams, i however do not want my low beams, just the halos DURING THE DAY. (which i believe will require me to re-install the DRL fuse?) now when it gets dark out, i want my low beams to come on with the rest of the interior lights automatically (at which point i don't care if the halos stay on or shut off)

it seems that i have found ways to get just the halos on during the day, but it required me to do something when its dusk to activate the low beams. or vice versa.

right now with no DRL fuse, I have no lights at all (no parking lights, no low beams, no fogs) and when it gets dark, my low beams automatically kick on, is there a special way i can wire these halos to turn on when the car turns on, but still not re-inserting the DRL fuse? similar to the radio? Or! on he other hand, is there a way to use the DRL fuse for the halos and alternatively still have the low beams remain off until dusk (some sort of trigger that controls DRLs that can be cut or disconnected from just the low beams?)

To be clear i am looking for an automatic configuration where, during daylight, i have halos WITHOUT low beams, and at night my low beams will ignite automatically (based on the light sensor in the dash)

any help with this would be appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just click the switch once forward, and it illuminates my halo's only...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I'm just over thinking it, I suppose when I get everything plugged in, ill have to put it all to the test when I buy the headlamps. For all I know they may already have them setup perfectly and I just gotta hook them up.

On another note, I've heard people praise and hate on the projector beam output, anyone running eagle eyes with 55w bulbs between 6000-8000k? Which reminds me to ask, what colour temp is closest to 6000K 35watt but in 55watt?

·
Legend
782 Posts
Idk about the projector. But the know that 6000k 35w and 55w look the same in color just the 55w is a ton brighter.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, are you speaking from experience? I ask because DDMs website and many of the people here talk about the 55w having a washed out colour.

For right now I'm using the VHT Nite-Shade headlight tint on my stock lamps, I am currently in the process of removing the niteshade coats I put on previously and re-applying, it's quite the process. I'm doing it the right way though, wet sanding with 600, 800, 1500, and 2000 grit paper, I was looking around for a good headlight polish conpound or kit, any suggestions?

·
Legend
782 Posts
I've had multiple sets of both. I like the way the 55w look. And they're way brighter and I like it.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
About having your DRLs not on during the day out of park: In Canada, it is a law that DRLs must be on during the day so your Canadian G6 has been built to accommodate that law. I live in New York state but I own a Canadian specified G6, and while reading a part of the manual I learned this. Kind of a disappointment! I'm sure there is some way around it, just be aware of the Canadian regulations. IMO, more trouble than it's worth. You can barely see the projector DRLs anyway, if you ask me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My ccfl halos are wired to come on automatically when the key is turned. When my DRL's are on auto and I turn them off the halos are still on. I will look at them tomorrow and see how they're wired. I don't remember what to... Lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts