Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry if this is in the wrong section but I believe that it fits perfectly in both the How To section and the problems and solutions section.

Here is my question

As many of you know the G6 does not have a lockable glove box or center console.

I happen to have a convertible G6 and would love to be able to lock things in either the glove box or center console for when I keep the top down for quick runs into stores etc.

I have looked all over the internet and called a couple places and cannot seem to find anything wether it be a brand new glove box all together, something that I need to drill out and install, or a whole new latch assembly.

I dont know if anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction but I would love to be able to have a lock on the glove box or center console or even both.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It won't be easy but it can be done. You'll first need to find a tumbler that has a lever that swivels 90 degrees when turned with the key. Then you'll need to find a spot that the lever will "lock" the door down or you might have to build a latch out of a piece of metal for the lever to slide into and "lock" the door. You'll have to drill into the door or side of the center console and you might have to attach the latch somewhere too.

I'll tell ya this though, you're dealing with plastic, so a lock would only be a deterrent and not a prevention. Even locking glove boxes can be popped open with enough force.

Good luck and remember, measure twice and cut once!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Thread moved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts