Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go guys! I know a lot of people are wondering how this can be done this is how I have done them!!! Enjoy!!!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I know it's been mentioned before, but did you use HID's that came with the headlight assembly or can someone use another brand HID's?

I'm debating on getting these. Do you have any issues with light output or condensation inside the headlight?

Nice how-to btw. I will definitely use this if I end up getting the lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's been mentioned before, but did you use HID's that came with the headlight assembly or can someone use another brand HID's?

I'm debating on getting these. Do you have any issues with light output or condensation inside the headlight?

Nice how-to btw. I will definitely use this if I end up getting the lights.
I didn't use HID's they are not ment for these headlights and will cause damage.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
rats...cant see it at work. Ill check it out this afternoon.

Did you hook it to the fogs or the driving lights?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I heard that on the actual light it says do not use HIDs but I just heard that not sure if its true.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yeah. I've heard different stories. Some say they run fine with HID's and others claim it melts the housing. Spyder Auto also offers an HID option for these headlights too. Hmph...

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Just had a chance to watch it. You make it super easy! One question...you didnt plug the fog light back in cause you didnt want to. If you did would the fog lights work? im guessing yes but just wanna make sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had a chance to watch it. You make it super easy! One question...you didnt plug the fog light back in cause you didnt want to. If you did would the fog lights work? im guessing yes but just wanna make sure.
Yes they work great just like I said they are yellow ish and throw off the whole thing so I have them unplugged.

Also it does in fact say not to use HIDs on the lights themselves and the high beams already make the housing very hot so HIDs would do damage easily!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
HID's are actually cooler in heat temperature than halogens especially if you get 35w bulbs for the high beam socket.

Just because they are brighter doesn't mean they are hotter. :p

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Just because they are brighter doesn't mean they are hotter. :p
Absolutely true! Higher wattage doesn't mean brighter, higher wattage means hotter bulbs! High wattage bulbs (higher than recommended) in you G6 head lamp housing can melt the plastic.
I also feel the need to say this again;
HID bulbs in non projector housings are not recommended; they broadcast light into oncoming traffic. HID bulbs are designed for projector style housings and not the factory set up that the G6 comes with.(Okay, I'm done being Dad!:beer:)

I run these on the Civic and they are going in the G6 next, I freaking love'm;
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/SilverStarUltra/

I ran HIDs before and the Silverstars are a close match without the expensive conversion. But you be the judge.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I'm willing to sacrifice the retinas of oncoming traffic for the appearance of my car. :p

I wish the Silverstar Ultra's came in H9 size for my highbeams.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yes they work great just like I said they are yellow ish and throw off the whole thing so I have them unplugged.

Also it does in fact say not to use HIDs on the lights themselves and the high beams already make the housing very hot so HIDs would do damage easily!
Awesome thanks :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts