Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
When u get ready to install ur cold air intake. Make sure u watch out for the stretched tight wires coming out of the M.A.S. plug. If they get loose it can cause. Trac control light and check engine light to come on and CAN put ur g6 in limp mode it happend to me last night. If One or more come out don't worry. U can re pin the wires after extending wires if u do one I should do them all. Hope this info helps guys. Had to do this last night after making my own cold air intake.
06 GTP G6 MANUAL 6 SPEED 2 DR
PORT POLISH THROTTLE BODY. COLD AIR INTAKE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you want something simple to make the exhaust sound more throaty-- delete the resonator and put straight pipe in and change the muffler-- i had a small magnaflow muffler and she sounded pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Mainly appearance. Some tips are disigned with inline mufflers to be adjustable so you can change the tone, but thats a big muscle and tuner thing last I heard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you want something simple to make the exhaust sound more throaty-- delete the resonator and put straight pipe in and change the muffler-- i had a small magnaflow muffler and she sounded pretty good.

What did that Magnaflow parts & install cost you?

Getting some lean & mean sound on the other end of my G6 isn't a bad idea and has definitely been a thought! I'm just afraid of my car turning out sounding like a "fart can" :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
When u get ready to install ur cold air intake. Make sure u watch out for the stretched tight wires coming out of the M.A.S. plug. If they get loose it can cause. Trac control light and check engine light to come on and CAN put ur g6 in limp mode it happend to me last night. If One or more come out don't worry. U can re pin the wires after extending wires if u do one I should do them all. Hope this info helps guys. Had to do this last night after making my own cold air intake.
06 GTP G6 MANUAL 6 SPEED 2 DR
PORT POLISH THROTTLE BODY. COLD AIR INTAKE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
i always disconnect my intake to clean it with mas air fllow. so im a need to check it out tomorrow. though i do not have a cold air soon im a get a K&N cold air set up.!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What did that Magnaflow parts & install cost you?

Getting some lean & mean sound on the other end of my G6 isn't a bad idea and has definitely been a thought! I'm just afraid of my car turning out sounding like a "fart can" :D
thats the same reason why i dont add a different tip dont want to sound like a honda :O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts