Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G6 GT member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 3.5L G6 GT Coupe (2 doors, big factory spoiler)

I think I need a new catalytic converter but there's a ton of different types! Left, right, direct and Manifold integrated!! Most websites say to make sure you know the pipe diameter also! HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the 3.5L V6 you're going to have 2 front and 1 rear catalytic converters.
Item 1 is the Front Right. Item 2 is the Front Left.

In that pic #2 hooks into #1 on that open port(with gasket #5 sealing them)

So if it is a front cat, you'll be looking for the terms Front Right or Front Left.
There is only 1 rear cat for your car.

And you do not have a manifold integrated...that is the 4 cylinder car.

If you search on Rockauto.com for the parts you'll see pictures of them and be able to compare those to what you see on your car.

·
G6 GT member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!!! 3!!!! How do you figure out where the blockage is?? So many possibilities!! Does each catalytic converter have It's own code? It might not even be a catalytic converter issue!

So the "back pressure test" should be the initial test. What comes next in finding a solution? The garages in my area seem kinda clueless to fixing this issue without the car throwing a specific code.

·
G6 GT member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG!!! 3!!!! How do you figure out where the blockage is?? So many possibilities!! Does each catalytic converter have It's own code? It might not even be a catalytic converter issue!

So the "back pressure test" should be the initial test. What comes next in finding a solution? The garages in my area seem kinda clueless to fixing this issue without the car throwing a specific code.
Never mind!! I'm going to start a new thread. This is getting a bit off-topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts