Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum, this is my first post on here. I recently purchased a new remote key fob for my car, but can't seem to find any guides online on how to program it. Can anyone send me in the right direction on how to go about this process? I'd rather not go to a dealer or locksmith and pay a hefty amount for it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Forum, this is my first post on here. I recently purchased a new remote key fob for my car, but can't seem to find any guides online on how to program it. Can anyone send me in the right direction on how to go about this process? I'd rather not go to a dealer or locksmith and pay a hefty amount for it.
Thanks in advance.
You need to find a good and reliable Locksmith for programming your key fob, unfortunately you cannot do it yourself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you have a batteriesplus store in your area they can program the remote for you, call around, has to be a special software that can connect to your OBD port..

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
Needs a Tech2 device.
Shop around. Seems like most dealers charge about $80 but ahop around as some are cheaper.

·
Registered
253 Posts
One guy did it for 80 for me and another for 50. Both said they could not get the remote to start to work. Which seemed a strange. Make sure they check that it is turned on in the radio menu after they are done, before anyone panics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought one of these Tech2 compatible scanners:

If the going rate to program a fob is 80, then the scanner has payed for itself after two fobs not to mention the benefits of having a scanner for all the proprietary GM stuff. I haven't regretted it. Good luck everyone. - Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts