Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How To Program FOB

26K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Justwayne 
#1 ·
Hello Forum, this is my first post on here. I recently purchased a new remote key fob for my car, but can't seem to find any guides online on how to program it. Can anyone send me in the right direction on how to go about this process? I'd rather not go to a dealer or locksmith and pay a hefty amount for it.
Thanks in advance.

#9 ·
I bought one of these Tech2 compatible scanners:

If the going rate to program a fob is 80, then the scanner has payed for itself after two fobs not to mention the benefits of having a scanner for all the proprietary GM stuff. I haven't regretted it. Good luck everyone. - Mark

#14 ·
I had a extra key cut at the dealer, $28. Turn key on to run position with original key, wait for security light to turn off, remove. Insert new key, turn clockwise to run position but do not start, wait for security light to go off, only takes a few seconds. Turn off then turn clockwise to start.

#15 ·
I have found a few sites which provide instructions on how to program FOBS for G6's. One it called 'ITSTILLRUNS" and another from Duracell Remotes-Products. I'm sorry I didn't provide the links. I've yet to try them, since I just began my search for a FOB for my '07 G6.
It seems like all I see in this forum is that you HAVE TO have a locksmith or a dealership to get it done. Has anyone TRIED to self-program using YouTube tutorials or anything of the sort?
I will keep y'all posted as my journey begins...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.