Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i tried searching for a post on how to remove the engine cover on the 2009 pontiac g6 2.4L but couldn't find one. i manage to get mine off without heavy force. they are:
(1) 2 rubber fitting at the back on both side that need a little tug to prop up.

(2) the oil filler cap.

(3) the clamp from the air box after the MAF.

(4) and another clamp on where the cover sits on the throttle body.

(5) there is a little hose on the front left of the cover which you will have to release the clamp to get off as well.

hope this will help you guys who haven't figure it out yet. be careful on refitting the cover on the throttle body because the rubber seal will tear. there was a little tear on mine from previous owner but not too bad. good luck and hope this helps :cheers:

https://picasaweb.google.com/106336579460318001726/July52012?authkey=Gv1sRgCLmxgeTjv_2WFw#5761560413216394418

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea mine got torn up as well. but I no longer use it because I have an intake in place.
Older G6s with the 2.4 have a 2-piece cover. So it's not one piece with the intake like ours is.

Personally I think the 2.4 looks better without a cover

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea with the older ones you could take off the plastic cover and be ok but these newer ones its all one piece. i'm going with CAI soon for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts