Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got hit by someone in a parking lot and tore the bumper so i needed a new one. I ordered it and it comes with out the grills. I still have the old ones but cant get them loose from the bumper. Does anyone have any tips on getting them out? I need all four of them.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
i believe there are multiple clips around it holding it in, and possibly some adhesive.
you have the bumper off and still cant manage to get the grilles off?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The trick is to grab a crowbar and wedge that b*tch right in there then have a buddy hold it while you give it a running jump kick and with all your force it should just pop out...

Reactions: waterfowler76

·
Registered
237 Posts
Use a card or thin piece of cardboard and wedge it along the chrome trim and bumper. Carefully pop along the bottom and sides until it's free. The chrome comes out really easy just don't break the tabs! The black mesh will pop and twist out on an angle starting with the bottom clip. Refer to this for getting the chrome out...

http://www.pfyc.com/supportfiles/G6_06-XX_Manual.pdf

·
Registered
237 Posts
No worry :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.