Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How to replace blower motor

57K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Rick. 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can find instruction and diagrams about replacing the blower motor on a 06 G6 GTP?

#13 · (Edited)
Credit goes to ahuhn.

Removal Procedure

Remove the right closeout panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side.
Remove the blower motor wire harness connector.

Then:

Important: Cut through the case as straight as possible because the motor cup must be reused. In order to prevent damage to the component, do not cut any deeper than necessary to remove the motor cup.

Cut out the blower motor using a utility knife in the narrow groove of the lower case.

Remove the blower motor.

Remove the blower motor nuts.
Remove the blower motor from the blower motor cup.

Installation Procedure

Install the new blower motor to the blower motor cup.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Install the blower motor nuts.
Tighten
Tighten the nuts to 2.4 N·m (21 lb in).

Install the motor blower seal to the blower motor service ring.
Install the blower motor.
Install the blower motor attachment ring.
Install the blower motor screws.
Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.5 N·m (13 lb in).

Install the blower motor wire harness connector.
Install the right closeout panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side.

#14 ·
Part Number?

I am having the same issue that is discussed in this thread, my blower now only works on the highest (4th) setting. Does anyone know the part number/model number for the part for a 2005 Pontiac G6 so I can purchase it and swap it out?

Thanks for your help.

#15 · (Edited)
Same Problem

ok why do all of us have the same problem??? i really should have done the reaserch on this car before buying it.
The problem as "EIZ" has, it only works on 4... 3 works if you have the window open a bit.. the AC still kicks in very faintly.

How do i fix this?
Apparently its just the module that should be replaced that costs about 30$ or so... is there a quick fix for this???

#19 ·
Thar She Blows

Had the fan blower problem. Determined it was the fan (bang on the motor and it would run for a bit). Cut it out. Sanded the armature with 600grit. Used a DeliCat lid to create a gasket to hold it all back in. Tested and ok so far. Took a bit of time creating a template for the screw holes positions. As an aside the gasket is approx 1/2" larger than a 45rpm record if you need a quick measure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.