Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moring everyone! My GF has a 06 G6 GTP, and she is having a problem with the remote starter /door locks with it.

With me, I have a Bonneville and to resync the remote to the car is to hold down the lock and unlock buttons until the horn chirps and the lights flash. Is it that same with the with the G6? She has the owners manual, however plain English is the best communicator, lol. I will be doing this for her, so don't hold back!

Any help is appercieated!

Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
only a pontiac dealer can reprogram your remotes. I tried for months to find a way around it. Most dealerships will do this for free. Just go in and tell them your remote stopped working, they troubleshoot it and reprogram if necessary.

·
Registered
106 Posts
this was asked long ago, but just so you guys know, there's a difference in "resyncing" and reprogramming.

You can resync on your own by holding down the lock key... and it does cost 35 to reprogram. I thought mine needed to be reprogrammed once, but it didn't. He held down the lock key only (i'm pretty sure only the lock key)... and it "reset" "resynced." Reprogramming is different. Sometimes it's still programmed, but not syncing and needs to be reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts