Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i finally got around to writing up a detailed document on installing the Rostra 250-1775 aftermarket cruise control kit for a Pontiac G6. The kit cost me $129.99 online. I was unlucky and got a faulty kit the first time but the second kit that i received after returning the first worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps the many people who have contacted me about the kit!

For more information about the kit please see http://www.rostra.com/products/aftermarket-cruise-control-by-rostra.html

Detailed How-to install document
Rostra Install Instructions that come with the kit

Attachments

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Intelligen, I took the teeth out of the PDF. If you can present it in a way that doesn't require other members to download it that would be best.

Thanks again for the PMs.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry about bringing this older thread back to life. I am thinking about getting this kit and installing my 2008 G6. Has anyone else installed this and have any comments on how well it works? As my G6 doesn't seem to be pre-wired to allow just changing out the steering wheel, this is my only option to get cruise. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about bringing this older thread back to life. I am thinking about getting this kit and installing my 2008 G6. Has anyone else installed this and have any comments on how well it works? As my G6 doesn't seem to be pre-wired to allow just changing out the steering wheel, this is my only option to get cruise. Thanks.
I love it man. I use to dread the long trips I'd take with the car but not anymore. I have yet to replace the battery for the module that is attached to steering wheel.

I did have some issues when i got the kit but after troubleshooting directly with Rostra we discovered i had a faulty module. Returned it to place i bought it from and the replacement worked perfectly.

I don't regret installing it at all. I hope my document helps you if you do install. I did tons of searching online prior and their wasn't much so i just kind of took everything in found online and my own experience from installing to write up the document. If you do do decide to get the kit and have any questions, let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dang it! I guess I got a bad kit, too. It's not working. Rostra thinks I have a bad kit, too. I am going to re-look at it this weekend and see if I can find an error anywhere.

EDIT: Well, not a bad kit. I rechecked all the connections and didn't find anything wrong. So I changed the CR2032 battery in the switch transmitter. BINGO! The instructions say that it will work only going above 33 mph. I tried it at 25 and 30 and it worked. Also, with this kit installed, the green cruise dash light is lit and the "CRUISE ENGAGED" message comes up briefly on the driver info display when you set the cruise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank god you didn't get a bad kit. It can be a pain returning it depending where you ordered from. Glad you got it working. Yup, it works exactly like a factory installed cruise control would. Shows the "Cruise engaged' and even the cruise steering wheel on dash.

glad you like it! I think its well worth the money and so easy to install. Did the instructions help out?

Dang it! I guess I got a bad kit, too. It's not working. Rostra thinks I have a bad kit, too. I am going to re-look at it this weekend and see if I can find an error anywhere.

EDIT: Well, not a bad kit. I rechecked all the connections and didn't find anything wrong. So I changed the CR2032 battery in the switch transmitter. BINGO! The instructions say that it will work only going above 33 mph. I tried it at 25 and 30 and it worked. Also, with this kit installed, the green cruise dash light is lit and the "CRUISE ENGAGED" message comes up briefly on the driver info display when you set the cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts