Pontiac G6 Forum banner

How to run Halo Switch for Fog

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  filian 
#1 ·
My fogs are Halo and include a switch. I am a assuming I need to take the dashboard off to run the wire to the cockpit and I have exhausted all google and forum searches. Has anyone done this? What is the easiest way? I am starting to think screw the switch and just run them on the same relay with my halo headlights.. that brings up the question would they then behave the same way as my headlights do? I dont really care if they do.... I just want to be able to be able to run the halo with parking lights seperate.. any advice and help is greatly appreciated.. Thanx..

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I would suggest that if you got those fog lights thru AIT Racing with your body kit I would swap them out for something else. They are junk and the water leaks right it them and they also burn out easily. I know from experience I had them and got a different set from Pep Boys and haven't had any problems since.

#5 ·
yeah the car didn't come with fogs.. I tried to wire them to work the halo's seperate from the light but I couldnt get it to work ... I was trying to use two relay's I am new to all this so I am not sure if thats what was stopping it from working but I just ended up hooking them directly to the headlight halo's but both the halo and light in the fog come on .. I tried like three things I am ok with it until I get the other switch I guess .. just irritating cause it should have worked .. I am starting to wonder if they sent me the wrong fog light and not just the switch lol. but I totally get what u were sayin .. Thank you for the help

#6 ·
How i would hook up your situation...First the halo head lights, since you didnt have fogs then u could run the halos from say your batt & toggled by an after market switch that way u can run the halos seperate from the headlights. The fogs can be done the same way or spliced in with the halos. You could also run a seperate toggle for the fogs. the batt is a good power source since its close. There are batt terminals out there that are made for an aftermarket stereo hookups but can also be used for other power needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.