Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update 4/2/2011 : Instructions updated.

Update 4/1/2011 : I found a massive fail to this setup, it prevents remote start from working. I have found a fix for this problem. I will post the update instructions tomorrow.

Update 10/2/2011 : Typo on picture 2.

This was done to my 2005 G6 Sedan. Be aware that after 2007 there is a change to the factory alarm wires so my instructions my not work for your car. Also take your time when doing this, its not hard to cut a wire too short and have a hell of a day trying to fix it afterwards.

The relay allow the sensors to turn on only when the car is off. Once the car is on the relay turns off the sensors. If you are going to remote start the car, you have to unlock the car first, then press the lock button followed by the remote start button. What happens is the alarm is disengaged once you unlock the car, once you lock it the alarm is on the 30sec. delay so once the car shakes as it turns on it wont trigger the alarm. Remote starting turns the aftermarket sensors off!

Parts List:

Sensors I purchased at Amazon:
Directed Electronics 506T I.T. Audio Sensor $15.26
Install Essentials 507M Tilt Sensor $28.80
Install Essentials 504D Double Guard Stinger Shock Sensor $14.22
SPDT Relay $2.99

Radio Shack: (this time they actually had what I needed :D)
Assorted Rectifier Diodes: Part # 276-1653
We only need 3ea 4004 from the pack

Radio Shack/ Lowes / Auto parts store
Heat shrink (to fit over the diode)
22 Gauge - Butt Splice and/or Insulated Crimps
18/22 Gauge wire. You can actually use some of the excess wire on the sensors harness. I will assume you are doing this.
ATM Fuse Tap
1ea 10A fuse

Tools:
Soldering Iron & accessories
Wire strippers
Crimps or Pliers
Jeweler Screw Driver

On the blue wire of each cable solder a 4004 diode with the white mark facing the sensor. Cover it with some heat shrink.

Connect a wire to each leg of the relay. Connect the ATM Fuse Tap to the #85 leg. Give it a color code you can understand.

*** Side note you can use the accessory leg to put out 12v to a device once the car turns on.

On the passenger side of the center console, remove the access panel to the BCM. On the left connector look for the gray wire with a black line, this is the driver door trigger. Splice in some of the excess blue wire.

***Warning*** this wire is always on! If you feel you need too, disconnect the positive terminal of the car battery! Personally I used rubber gloves on this step. Not my fault if you hurt your self!

On the driver side of the center console, remove the access panel. There should be a harness that provides power to the cigaret lighter. Splice in to the red & white wire with some excess red wire.

Use the relay diagram to connect all the wires. Alarm sensors' red wire are connected to #87A, the red cable from the cigaret lighter cable goes to #30. On the fuse panel of the passenger side, remove the 10A fuse for the HVAC and connect the ATM Fuse Tap, place 2x 10A fuse on it. Connect #86 & the orange sensor cables to one of the ground bolts next to the fuse panel. #87 is optional leg if you want to power something up once the car starts, if not used then cover it up so it doesn't ground out.

This is just were I put my sensors at, you can run them anywhere you want. I moved my shock sensor to were the star is, you want it on something ridged. I especially like the location of the Pressure sensor because I ran the mic into the cubby below the radio an stuck it to the top with the included double sided sticky tape.

The last step is to adjust the sensitivity of the shock and pressure sensor. I set my shock sensor to were the car needs a good bump before it goes off, setting this sensor too sensitive will make it go off all the time.

Remember that if you press the lock button once, the alarm will arms after 30sec. However if you press the lock button two times the horn will go off once and the alarm will be armed immediately.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
So this is suppose to make your car alarm go off if someone hits it while parked?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will allow you to add additional sensors to the factory alarm. If you add a shock sensor the alarm will go off if you bump the car, a tilt sensor will go off if the car is lifted (ie some one jacks it up to take your wheels), and the pressure sensor goes off if some one brakes a window.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
This will allow you to add additional sensors to the factory alarm. If you add a shock sensor the alarm will go off if you bump the car, a tilt sensor will go off if the car is lifted (ie some one jacks it up to take your wheels), and the pressure sensor goes off if some one brakes a window.
Strange how cars used to have these stock and now they don't. I'd love to do this, but I dont have the effort to do it lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shock sensor kinda sucks, it goes off after a significant hit (i can bump the car with out it going off). Today the audio sensor went off because my keys were jingling (its a known trigger) and I left the windows cracked open.

I know my audio sensor is not on max, I can't remember if the shock sensor is on max or not. Over all it was worth the effort, I hope I don't get broken into again but if it happens, I can react accordingly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few questions on the install

Hi, I have a 06 G6 GTP sedan w/ remote start,and am planning on doing this mod as i have had items stolen out of my car as well....but I have a few questions such as what hvac fuse is used as there are 2....one is hvac ctrl (battery) and the other hvac ctrl (ignition)..also in your second picture it says to connect the ATM fuse tap to #30 leg on the relay, #30 is listed at 12vdc.....should the fuse tap be installed to #85 leg on the relay as the diagram shows? and the constant 12vdc from the ciggarette lighter harness go to the #30 leg? just checking to make sure so i do not blow anything out ..... thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. Use the 10A - HVAC (ING)
2. HVAC on #85

Sorry about the typo. Basically the 12v constant is tripped by the "HVAC (IGN)" which kills the sensors. Once the car turns off, the relay flips back to engage the sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts